July 08, 2011

Count down to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Its T-Minus 6 days and 5 hours until the final Harry Potter movie comes out.  If you didn't guess it by now, I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I'm such a big fan that for my birthday last November I threw a Harry Potter themed party complete with costumes, decorations, invitations and treats.  Here are some photos of last fall's event.

 I hand painted these Hogwarts House Banners then sewed them on to coordinating fabric.  I hung these in the living room to serve as a background for group photos.

 The Leaky Cauldron provided the beverages for the evening.  They served Butter Beer, Witch's Brew and Swamp Punch.  The Butter Beer was terrific.  It has become my favorite holiday drink.


 The gang: an owl, Mickey Mouse from Fantasia (another great wizard), Hagrid and his dragon Norbert, the Weasley twins and Hogwarts students.

 Fred, George and Ron Weasley

My bosses even showed up dressed as Muggles.

 I paper mached a sorting hat

 I also made house badges guests drew from the sorting hat just like in the books.

 I filled the house with Harry Potter posters.  This one I made simply by printing out the photos online and gluing them onto a scroll background I found at Staples.

If you want to see the rest of the photos from the party and make your own Harry Potter treats, check out my Blog archive from November 2010.  There are three different posts to look at.

 I am so excited to see the final film.  I have my ticket reserved to watch it opening night with my fellow Harry Potter fans.  I am in the middle of getting my costume together for the event.  Brandy and I are going to be the Weasley twins again.  Once I'm finished I will post my creation asap.  Below is a photo of Megan and I at the Half Blood Prince premiere in 2009.  She was Bellatrix LeStrange and I was professor Trelawny.  We even had wands made with real unicorn hair.

Standing in line for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...