February 06, 2012

Superbowl Feast (Pancake Maple and Bacon Cupcakes and Hashbrown Skillet Dish)



 The Superbowl Sunday crew

The first Superbowl I remember watching was Superbowl XXX when I was in 4th grade.  I think this was the first time we threw a party because I remember my mom getting excited about decorating for the game.  She was busy making football shaped brownies with icing stitches when I asked her who was playing in the game.  She stopped, looked at me, and started laughing and said she had no idea.  I had to go ask my aunt, who actually watched sports, to find out it was the Cowboys and Steelers playing.  I also remember having a blast because at half time we went sledding down the hill outside our backyard when we lived on Nob Hill in Klamath Falls.

I've always had fond memories of watching Superbowl since this first one.  Even if its just for the food! This year for Superbowl Sunday I decided to take a different route when it came to food.  Usually I make buffalo wings and some sort of chili or dip but this Sunday wee served breakfast items, fruit and veggies.



The Pancake cupcake with maple, cream cheese frosting topped with crisp bacon strips.

How to:

Follow the pancake recipe on the side of a Bisquick box.
Line a cupcake tin with paper wrappers and fill with Bisquick mixture.
Bake cupcakes at 350 degrees for 12-17 mins or until lightly browned.

Icing:

11 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup butter
3 cups powder sugar
1/2 maple syrup

Mix cream cheese and butter together until smooth.  Then add in powder sugar and syrup.  Then spread on cooled cupcakes.  Add fresh crisp bacon on top.

 Yummy!  Tasted just like a pancake and bacon breakfast.


 I also made a country skillet dish that is amazing.  

In a separate pan, brown some sausage on medium heat.
In a large pot, cook a package of hash browns (I dethawed them over night), 1 medium diced onion, and 1 diced green pepper. And to hash browns and cook on medium.  When the hash browns are heated and the veggies are tender, add in the cooked sausage and stir together.  Then using a large soup ladle, make 5-6 bowl shaped dips in the potato mixture.  Crack an egg into each bowl shape.  The bowls keep the eggs from running everywhere. You should have 5 or 6 eggs in there.  Keep the heat to medium and cover the pot with a lid to cook the eggs faster.  It will take about 20mins. to cook the eggs.  Once they are mostly white, take off the stove and add shredded cheddar, avocado and tomato.  Add sour cream, pepper, salsa or any other toppings you wish.
I'm enjoying my meal with a nice cold brew.

Oz and Jesse hanging out on the couch that actually watched the game.


The kids were engaged in their own game of chase and wrestling.


Yay for football!  I think Brandy was the only one who was watching the game and not the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...